Is it always best to use a one-time submission form to get all the information you need from an applicant before you make your final decision regarding their application?
Let us tell you our secret sauce to smartly manage your call for application and have everything put in one central place.
Creating an application funnel with multi rounds, each round with its own submission form and evaluation criteria will make collecting more information about your participants and managing the evaluation process much easier.
You break up your process into phases (i.e.: rounds) along the funnel then qualify participants from one phase to the next based on the potential they show for each phase. This ensures a high completion rate and makes it easier for your team/judges to filter applicants more efficiently, as it allows them to accept and reject applicants after being shortlisted and passing the eligibility phase.
Benefits of the multi-round applications process
- The applicant submits the most relevant information at each phase
- Create an application funnel with multiple phases and only applicants who show potential for that particular phase get qualified for the following one.
- Create an eligibility phase to filter out irrelevant applications, so you invest your time evaluating worthy applications.
- Be able to get different input for every phase depending on the requirements.
- Define relevant eligibility criteria for each phase independently.
- Manage everything centrally and have all information in one place.
Setting things up:
With Untap Compete we made it easy to set-up rounds and get everything up and running in no time:
- Set-up round start and end dates for the applications as well as the evaluation phase.
- Using a drag and drop form builder to build your submission form.
- Same for the evaluation form, defining your evaluation criteria for the respective phase.
- Invite judges to evaluate submissions.
- Select the applications to proceed to the next round and the ones to get disqualified.
- Repeat for as many rounds as you need.
Finally, always remember it is very easy to open a call for applications. How you manage it afterward makes the whole difference in terms of time and effort invested and the final results you reach.